by Burleson Consulting
High Performance Data Warehousing
Problem Solving For The Oracle Warehouse
If we presume that the main goal of an
Oracle data warehouse is to help management answer business
questions, then we will need to have some insight into the types of
questions that management may ask. For classification purposes, all
of the queries against a data warehouse will fall into one of the
* Statistical analysis-- Computation of sums, averages, and
* Multivariate analysis--Comparing classes of database
objects with each other to analyze patterns.
* Simulation and modeling--Using the data warehouse to
validate a hypothesis.
* Forecasting--Using the warehouse to predict future values.
* Aggregation--Composing new objects from existing data
Statistical Analysis And Oracle
In general, statistical analysis is one of the easiest to implement.
Standard Oracle SQL can be used to calculate sums, averages, and
aggregate values, and front-end statistical packages such as SAS and
SPSS are also commonly used for this purpose. Statistical requests
may include multivariate analysis, simulation and modeling,
forecasting (linear regression), and aggregation.
Expert Remote DBA
BC is America's oldest and largest Remote DBA Oracle support
provider. Get real Remote DBA experts, call
BC Remote DBA today.