Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Temporary Tablespace Group Overview
A temporary tablespace group consists of only temporary
tablespace, and has the following properties:
- It contains one or more temporary tablespaces.
- It contains only temporary tablespace.
- It is not explicitly created. It is created implicitly when
the first temporary tablespace is assigned to it, and is deleted
when the last temporary tablespace is removed from the group.
Temporary Tablespace Group Benefits
Temporary tablespace group has the following benefits:
- It allows multiple default temporary tablespaces to be
specified at the database level.
- It allows the user to use multiple temporary tablespaces in
different sessions at the same time.
- It allows a single SQL operation to use multiple temporary
tablespaces for sorting.
Get the complete Oracle10g story:
To get the code instantly, click
Expert Remote DBA
BC is America's oldest and largest Remote DBA Oracle support
provider. Get real Remote DBA experts, call
BC Remote DBA today.